The 2018 International Urban Design Conference will be held at the SMC Conference and Function Centre, Sydney, NSW over 12 – 13 November.
The conference will showcase innovations in projects and research embracing and creating transformational change in urban environments.
Topics will include exploring the potential of mixed use places, spaces and precincts/districts, urban design best practice, designing safety into a city, future proofing, connectivity and design quality outcomes. The conference will also explore the links which create the concrete physicality of the built environment, the complex social, economic, political and cultural processes through which the physical urban form is produced and consumed.
The conference has been held annually since 2007 in Brisbane, Sydney, Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide and Melbourne. Be inspired by innovations and projects that are transforming cities. This conference is an opportunity for design professionals to exchange ideas and experiences, to be creative and visionary and to contribute to redesigning our urban futures. The program aims at developing a framework of ideas to provoke debate and speculate on new forms of practice.
Conference Topics Include:
- Potential of mixed use places, spaces and precincts/districts
- Regulating urban design
- Safe city design
- Design quality
Featured Speakers for 2018 Include:
- Mr Peter Poulet, NSW Government Architect, NSW Government
- Ms Sue Weatherley, Director Strategic Outcomes and Development, City of Parramatta
- Ms Sarah Hill, CEO, Greater Sydney Commission, NSW
- Mr Andrew McWhinney, Manager, New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory, Intelligent Risks
- Ms Caroline Stalker, Design Director Urban and Principal, ARUP Australasia (QLD)
For more information on the 2018 International Urban Design Conference, topics, to submit your application to present, registration and more please visit the conference website at urbandesignaustralia.com.au