The 10th International Urban Design Conference will be held at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, Gold Coast, Queensland from Monday 13 – Tuesday 14 November 2017.
The conference theme for the 10th anniversary is Disruption, Divergence and Designed Intervention – Making Change Happen and will showcase innovations and projects embracing and creating transformational change in urban environments. The aim is to include highlights ranging from the modest but high impact idea to the new Eco-city, from technological experimentation to multicultural cities and from the use of big data to physical city making.
Abstract Submission is now open for those wishing to present at this years’ conference, topics include:
- City making and disruption
- Community advocacy
- Creating equitable cities
- Diversity in the ecology of technology
- Design and climate change
- Population growth, densification, renewal and innovation
- Urban regeneration
- Urban Design Policy
- “The Missing Middle” – how to transform suburbia
- Risk and resilience
- The future of work, urban impact
- Transport and traffic
- Satellite cities
- Planning, functional design
- Public space transformation
Registration is also now open for those wishing to take advantage of early bird discounts currently available!
For more information on the 2017 International Urban Design Conference on the Gold Coast this November, please visit www.urbandesignaustralia.com.au